$60-$70k - Direct Hire
Our client, located in Grand Rapids, MI, has a hiring need for a Systems Administrator. This position is responsible for the design, install, and support of the bank's Citrix VDI environment, Phone Systems, Microsoft Servers, VMWare environment, and 2 physical datacenters. This position will be the primary lead for the Citrix VDI environment and will focus on maintaining and developing that platform. The administrator will maintain network hardware and software, analyze problems, and monitor the network to ensure its availability to system users. Identify customer needs and then use that information to identify, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements.
• Manages the day-to-day network systems operations, including the Citrix VDI platform, M365, VMWare, Storage systems, and backups.
• Provides system users with technical support and training.
• Participates/leads in the design, evaluation, and implementation of new and upgraded information systems as assigned.
• Maintains the Bank's "test" systems, used to conduct pre-production testing on changes made to products, services, parameters, and processes.
• Initiates and performs various systems operations, including nightly updates, month-end cycles, data tape backups, and daily transaction file processing as assigned.
• Installs, upgrades, and configures hardware and software releases and network components.
• Provide backup/support on Linux or other key banking systems as assigned by Vice President and Chief Information Officer.
• Performs routine tests and maintenance procedures to ensure that the systems are operating within prescribed capacity limits.
• Provide ongoing quality service to the Bank's customers.
• Responsible for documenting systems and processes used in day to day maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service, and overall performance
• Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all files and information confidential.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
• At least two years of college or technical training in computer science or information technologies. Certification in network systems administration or the intent to become certified is desirable.
• At least four years' experience in troubleshooting servers and peripherals in a multi-location environment preferred.
• Experience with VDI, Server backup solutions, Server virtualization, and datacenter management.
• Effective interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Flexible work schedule in order to provide support/complete assigned projects (e.g., upgrades, installations) during non-business hours.
• Effective project management skills and the ability to proactively problem solve.
• Ability to pay attention to detail and handle a high volume of work with multiple interruptions.
• Capacity to learn quickly and comprehend highly technical detailed information.
• Ability to handle sensitive information in a highly confidential manner.
• Professional demeanor and interaction with all customers (internal and external).
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.