Our client, located in Mason, Ohio has immediate hiring needs for Press Brake Operators on 1st and 2nd shifts.
- Properly and safely operates CNC power brake press.
- Works with press programmer to improve setups and processing of materials.
- Sets stops on machine bed, changes dies, and adjusts components, such as ram or power press, when making multiple or successive passes.
- Plans sequence of operations, applying knowledge of physical properties of the metal.
- Inspects workpiece for defects.
- Measures work piece and verifies dimensions, using micrometer, gauge, straight edge, scale and protractor.
- Selects and positions flat, block, radius, or special purpose die sets into ram and bed of machine, using hoist, crane, measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Completes daily work load requirements.
- Maintains the machinery and keep the work area clean and orderly.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical blueprints.
- Ability to use measure tools including protractor, calipers and tape measure.
- Possesses a strong attention to detail. Press brakes are precision equipment and being off by millimeters could create a critical error.
- Has strong mechanical and technical skills. Machines controlled by computers will need operators who understand technology.