Our manufacturing client located in Youngstown, OH, has immediate hiring needs for an Assembly/Fitter to join their team.
The Fitter is responsible for the layout, fit, tack, and weld of various plate to customer specifications utilizing supplied prints.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read and interpret mechanical drawings
- Complete layout and fit up of plate and structural fabrications
- Perform welding in horizontal and vertical position using various welding processes
- 2+ years’ previous fitting experience with light to heavy steel plate in a job shop/fabrication environment
- Solid knowledge in interpreting blue prints and engineering drawings
- Advanced mathematical aptitude, using geometry and trigonometry formulas as well as working in fractions, decimals, and in metric system
- Must pass vertical and horizontal weld test
- Certified Welder in Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW) other qualifications such as TIG are desired.
- Ability to understand and interpret GD&T tolerances